Monday, July 11, 2011

If I Had Been Creator...

If I Had Been Creator…

Revelation 4:11b

Good Morning~
The gorgeous day enticed me do it. I decided to bite the bullet, put off my “to do” list and enjoy one of my all-time favorite things. It had been awhile since I’d been, so I packed up my stuff and cruised on down JTB to the beach. It did not disappoint me. The bright hot sun with a nice cool breeze that felt like a fan blowing on you the whole time created the perfect day! Is Florida great or what!
I rarely get in the water, but I do usually venture down to the shoreline to feel the intensity of the ocean’s presence. I don’t know that I ever stand there, tide splashing around my feet, sand rushing out from under me, that I don’t feel a sense of awe at such a magnificent and powerful God. I am reminded of how glad I am to be on His side! (Can I get a witness!)
This particular day I had been standing there simply staring out into the vastness, swishing my feet back and forth, when a wave came in and I witnessed one little shell float in and then burrow down under the sand as the tide dissipated.

And this thought occurred to me: If I hadn’t been standing here, it’s very likely that no one in this whole wide world would ever have seen that shell. Then I looked out into the mass of water and tried to imagine all the creatures and activity in the ocean depths that no man will ever see. Next my mind took flight to the Amazon and then great forests and mountains. I couldn’t help but ask, “God, why have you created so many amazing things that no one will ever see?!”
If I had been creator, the world would probably look a lot like my Christmas tree. You know, splashing all the jazz on the sides of the tree that everyone sees, but the backside? Not so much. That’s where all the homemade or school project ornaments go, a few lights and a holly or two, just to ease your conscious...or worse yet, nothing at all!
But God isn’t me (and we can all say AMEN to that!) He did fashion mind-boggling creatures that only He would see. Why? I don’t know all the reasons but I do believe one explanation is because – He likes it! Yes...God delights. “...for Thou has created all things, and for Thy pleasure they are and were created.” Revelation 4:11b
Hey, guess what? You know all those things you do that seems that no one sees?

Times when you feel you did a good job,
but no one will ever know?
Times when your hair turned out just great,
but you’ve got no place to go?
There is One who enjoys, no, delights!
in watching your every move.
No matter what anyone else will say
Guess what? He’s loving your groove!

Hope & Glory! to You ~ Love
Rebecca

2 comments:

  1. I just LOVE this post!! You so hit the nail on the head :)

    I will put it to the front of my mind that truly the ONLY one that needs to see or KNOW is Jesus himself, and let that be sufficient for me! He truly is amazing and magnificent! I pray I can live my life so that if He is the only one that sees, I will truly be satisfied and Praise Him through it ALL!! Thank you friend for your insight! LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Janice! Thx for the comment - it encouraged me to keep it to the front of my mind too :) I so want to live for just that audience of one! I don't always remember that, but I sure want to :) Love you too

    ReplyDelete