Sunday, January 9, 2011

Tattling On Myself

Tattling On Myself

I John 1:9

Good Morning...or Afternoon...or Middle of the Night ~

I had planned on sharing this great inspirational thought with you, but on my walk today God impressed me to tattle on myself. Great. Oh well, here it goes… Last night I was observing a situation that appeared a bit puzzling. After watching it for a few minutes my genius and womanly intuition began putting the pieces together. In no time I felt sure I understood what was happening. After all, I have been around for a while and I’ve seen this type of thing before. (It’s embarrassing admitting this) Anyway I proceeded to tell my husband what I had deducted from my observation. Not 15 minutes later the real issue came to light. I was terribly off base and nowhere near the truth.

I honestly didn’t think much of it at the time. It didn’t seem like that big of a deal. It wasn’t until my walk this morning that God brought the incident back to my mind. He gently reminded me of the scene ~ which reminded me – news flash - I don’t know it all! ~ I have no business making assumptions about things when I don’t have the facts. I have plenty to do to take care of myself. And in case I didn’t realize it, God doesn’t need my advice! I’m acting like the smarty-pants little kid who tries to tell a grown up how to drive or cook…only worse. What a joke, huh! Yet I still do it. The only thing left for me to do is to repent of my pride and arrogance.

I bend my knee and say, “Thank you God for the cross and for Your grace that forgives and accepts me!” He knows me the best and yet loves me the most. If we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us our sin and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. I John 1:9 Amen!

I’ll share my discovery and confession with Ronnie tonight when he comes home and then because of God’s mercy, I’ll be done with it. Hopefully in the future, I won’t be riding that high horse again!

Hope & Glory! to You ~ Love

Rebecca

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl - how true - how true - thank you for reminding me that I guess I don't know it all..I always think I do - and then am reminded of that very thing - I am so quick to judge a situation before knowing the facts, and seem to have a permanent "boot" - not shoe - in my mouth. I love you and all your Godly wisdom that you give me - can't wait to get more advice in person! Love you - Big Sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've eaten enough shoe leather to know I don't like it! So glad we decided on Jax and not Atlanta!! They got 3 inches of snow and everything is shut down! See you tomorrowwwww!!!

    ReplyDelete