Friday, August 13, 2010

Dead Batteries

Dead Batteries

Psalm 127:2

Hey Girlies ~

The smallest tasks ~ like turning on a DVD player or adjusting the sound on your TV or taking a picture, relatively easy, right? Not so much, at least not for me this weekend. I spent countless time and energy trying to accomplish such simple feats. I feel exhausted just thinking about it.

First the DVD wouldn’t work… get that going but then the sound wouldn’t work. So I kept smashing (yes smashing… not pressing, SMASHING) the button to see if maybe I just didn’t hit it in the right spot. Then suddenly out of no where the volume blast coming from the box in the corner turned my eyelids inside out and pinned my face to the back of the chair! Once I regained my composure I frantically began smashing the thing again to turn it down. It wasn’t working! Before everyone in the room ends up deaf, I jumped back up and ran over to turn it down manually. Back and forth we’d go. First it would work, then it wouldn’t. You get the picture…

Eventually my sister says, “I wonder if it’s the batteries”. Oh no, surely it couldn’t be that simple! But oh, yes. It was that simple … all weekend struggling to get things to work only to find out I was dealing with dying batteries. Just a few minutes ago during my latest escapade with yet another dead battery, I recognize how difficult life can be without a fully charged battery. But once I had a fresh battery those tasks became as simple as pushing a button.

Ah, yes. I am seeing some similarities in my own life. I think today I’m running on a low battery. That’s why wiping off the counter and getting the table cleaned off for dinner seems over whelming…not to mention the real issues I need to tackle. What a relief to understand my feelings!

I love the wisdom of Ps 127:2! “It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: for so he giveth his beloved sleep” So, ya know what I’m gonna do? I’m going to thank God for the reflection I saw of myself in the dead batteries! I’m going to quit struggling to get it all to “work” in my head tonight and I’m going to go to bed with hopes of a fresh battery in the morning. You too? Sweet dreams….

Hope & Glory! to You ~ Love

Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment