Friday, September 3, 2010

What! How did he know?

Hey Everyone ~
I’m supposed to be an actress, right? I should be able to transform myself into another character regardless of whether or not I agree with or like what that character embodies. Well…apparently I’m not a very good one – at least not in real life.

For several weeks now I’ve felt – how shall I say it – out of sorts, off kilter, like I’m pulling a loaded wagon down a dirt road…and it’s missing a wheel. I’m wearing a dress and my red heels, trying not to sweat and act like all is fine…really – see me laughing and smiling, haha! hee hee…

I thought everyone was buying it, until a guy doing some work @ my house says, “Ms Rebecca, are you a little stressed today?” His statement sent a jolt through my skin.
What? How can he tell? Everyone else seemed to be buying it. How did he know?”

You know what? I don’t know how he knew. (I give him the perception award though! And he’s a guy on top of that!) But the point is – I was stressed and it was affecting my relationships.

Here is what I
discovered. Although life has been a little hectic the last month, it’s really nothing compared to other times in my life. But there has been one huge difference – no Sabbath rest in several weeks. Oh yes, many great moments; mission trips, conferences, good Bible reading, long talks with friends and my husband, but no chunk of quality quiet with my God. And that, my friend, was my problem…well, and I desperately needed a nap!

You feeling stressed by any chance?! Maybe like me, you need to carve out several minutes to pour out your heart to the God of the universe. The One who makes the sun to shine and gravity to keep our feet on the ground; the One who makes sure there is enough oxygen in the air for all of us to take as many deep breathes as we want. The One who knows exactly when you sit and when you lie down, Who counts your hairs and loves your smile. I know I needed it. My circumstances haven’t really changed all that much, but my stress level has! “Casting all your cares upon Him for He
cares for you”. Believe it baby, and rest!

Hope & Glory! To You ~ Love
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment