Sunday, April 17, 2011

It's Contagious!

Oh Happy Day!

Galatians 6:10

Hey Everybody ~

I had the best day yesterday and I didn’t even realize why until I started thing about what to write…which by the way…sorry this is late. I was having such a nice day…anyway…

It all started with a very simple, common courtesy. It was something that any one of you would have done. I simply let this lady go ahead of me in line (I had to get blood work done and the wait is a pain. We’re all fasting…no coffee or TAB) but only because she was truly there first. You would have done the same thing. But here’s the crazy part. This woman was so grateful to me. She just kept telling me that no one has ever done that before and yada, yada, yada…It felt so good to be nice to someone.

There is a lady who works there at the lab. Every time I go I think, “She is so efficient. It’s much more organized since she’s started working here.” I said I THINK it. I’ve never told her – but it was so fun to be nice to the other lady, I decided to tell the woman she does a good job. She really does.

So as I was leaving, I poked my head in her cubby and told her. Her sallow, tired face lit up like a light bulb…oh this is fun… and so my day was one continual observation of others’ jobs well done and telling them!

Here is the point. I was just doing a common courtesy. But the woman was grateful. Her gratefulness made such an impact on me I began looking for ways to be grateful to others who were doing well or being kind. It was contagious. I think I understand Galatians 6:10 a little better. “As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith”.

Once again, God’s plan and His words always benefit the one who follows…Imagine if we just obeyed that one verse everyday….Hmmmm…

Hope & Glory! to You ~ Love

Rebecca

Pray for God to make you hungry for Him!

2 comments:

  1. Sharing God's love is contagious. You have a wonderful bubbly personality. I know you were a great blessing to these people because you have been one to me today. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Amy! Likewise :) Hey did you ever see my question about how to comment on your blog?

    ReplyDelete