Sunday, April 3, 2011

Silence...Always Golden?

Silence… Always Golden?

Psalm 37:3-7

Hi Everyone~

Have you ever gone before God with something you urgently needed answered? You go before Him, eyes tightly shut, earnestly praying for directions or an open door or wisdom or something…You know God is able to answer. He’s answered before. In fact, you will not be surprised one bit when you open your eyes (figuratively speaking) to find your answer staring you in the face!

So…you finish your petition – and like the people being shown the first look of their new home makeover by the guest designer – you OPEN YOUR EYES…but all you see is a big, blank, white room with nothing in it! You’ve got zilch…no direction, no supply, no ideas, nowhere to go…you’re just stuck. And to your horror, God is silent.

I’ve been battling that recently. In my Bible study, I read the story about Moses being called up into the mountain to meet with God. He told the people to wait until he returned. They did pretty well at first. But after 40 days of no Moses they began to panic…(Oh no, I’ve never done that before…right) The Israelites decided to take matters into their own hands and make their own god. Sarai also panicked when God didn’t move quickly enough fulfilling His promise of an heir for Abram. She arranged for Hagar to have his baby. In case you’re wondering, those were both – how shall we say it, uh…BAD IDEAS!

This week I came very close to jumping ahead of God. I had just read the Moses story. So I gritted my teeth to wait…guess what? God showed up. He slowly began filling the white room with the things I felt I needed to accomplish the task that HE – for Pete’s sake – had given me to do. The room is still pretty bare, but I’m so glad for His Word that reminded me of the consequences of taking matters into my own hands and jumping ahead of His timing.

Sometimes doing nothing is the hardest thing we’ll ever do. I guess at the end of the day, it really boils down to a trust thing, doesn’t it? “Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shall you dwell in the land and verily you shall be fed…commit your way unto the LORD; trust also in him and he shall bring it to pass…Rest in the LORD and wait patiently for him…” He’ll not fail.

Hope & Glory! to You ~ Love

Rebecca

2 comments:

  1. This could have very well been written about so many people's lives. I can truly say it describes me perfectly. Waiting in that bare room and knowing He will not fail, do not take into my own hands, be patient!! Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the comment! It's so hard to wait isn't it! I've been struggling with wanting to panic or the other options I've been fighting is just quitting and running away from it. But He always always always comes through! Amazing.

    ReplyDelete