Monday, August 22, 2011

What Was My Problem? Simple...

What Was My problem? Simple…

Psalm 119:105

Hello All ~

It was dark:30 a.m. (I don’t know the exact time, but it was early and it was dark!) Ronnie and I both awoke to the sound of Herschel’s tail beating on the side of the bed like a drum. Ronnie sprang up out of bed and I followed! We needed to figure out how our dog escaped the kitchen barricade. Ronnie glided noiselessly through the doorway towards the kitchen. Like Robin partners with Batman, I shadowed close behind him…until my body mass collided with the sheet rock of our bedroom wall, bunging me dead in my tracks. I stopped (obviously) dazed and brainless for a few seconds trying to figure out what just happened. I think God must get a kick out of times like that.

Now generally (I say generally, because I cannot in clear conscious claim that it never happens) I have no problem making it through the doorway without running into the wall. So what was my problem this morning? Simple. It was dark. I had no light. I couldn’t see a thing. (I know Ronnie couldn’t either, but …he’s sort of like Spiderman. One time he slipped into the pool and no lie – he caught himself before he got wet! I wouldn’t have believed it if I hadn’t seen it with my own eyes) If only I’d had just a little light I’m pretty sure I would have managed through the doorway without a hitch.

Believe it or not, this silly incident excites me about knowing and memorizing scripture. The Word of God is just like the light I needed this morning. “Thy Word is a lamp unto me feet and a light unto my path.” Psalm 119:105

See, this morning I just crashed into the wall. There were no injuries, no after affects. But life is not always like that. We cannot make it through life without the light of God’s word to warn us of harm and keep us from evil. Thy word have I hid in my heart that I might not sin against Thee.” Psalm 119:11

All that to say, memorize God’s word. Use it to fight off the Enemy! The word of God is quick and powerful and sharper than any two-edged sword… Hebrews 4:12

Hope & Glory! to You ~ Love

Rebecca

2 comments:

  1. This is a great reminder of the importance of God's Word lighting our way. May God bless you today. Amy

    ReplyDelete