Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The ole ego...tough stuff

Psalm 51:17

Hi Ya Gang ~

I would not describe this as a good week for the ole ego... Don’t feel bad for me. (You had no intention of doing that, did you!) It’s been a great thing for me. It brought me face down...literally.

With my face on the carpet before God, I reflected back to more frantic days in my life. Desperate described my most current state back then. Those were bittersweet times for me. Bitter because they hurt so much; sweet because God seemed almost tangible. I wanted that same humbleness back in my life. So this week I repented of my self- sufficiency. I told God I want to choose a broken spirit. I want to embrace my need and His ability to satisfy it.

It felt good to have nothing to offer God, to be totally abandon and in desperate need of Him. Here is the amazing thing. Since I’ve stopped trying to be a one-woman show, God has kicked it up a notch in my life! It’s almost like He’s enjoying “showing off” on my behalf.

That’s just like Him though. You can never out give Him, out sacrifice Him, or out surrender Him. Psalm 51:17 says, “The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise. Your humbleness He cannot resist!” Psalm 37:18 reminds us, The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.”

May you know the pure joy of utter surrender and brokenness today!

Hope & Glory! to You ~ Love

Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment