Monday, October 24, 2011

Hey Everyone ~
I've been struggling lately. I don't know what my problem is. Ok...maybe I know a little what it is, but when the truth pops up, I shake my head and say, "Oh that's stupid!" I don't want something so minor to have such a major impact on me... Listen to my friend Stephanie from her new book Ecclesiastes: Understanding What Matters Most. It hit me hard. Shook me out of my funk. Put the fear of God in me. My discontent isn't a minor issue. Left unchecked it has destructive potential. Time to dethrone it's seat!
"As I sit here with my pen in hand and my own heart ready for a little self- examination, I'm reminded of several women I know who have paid a high price for 'being discontent.' Oh sister, hear my heart! I may not have seen the cause, but I've often seen the effects and I truly want to convey how rocky the road can be when it begins with a discontent heart...the grass is never greener on the other side...in fact, it's just as weed infested over there as it is where you are right now. I've seen too many women hurting , too many homes in financial mess, and too many marriages suffering needlessly at the hands of a discontent heart. It may seem extreme, but if a discontent heart can cause Israel to cry our for a king at its own peril, what can it make you and me cry our for, and at what cost?"
Stephanie's right...The great nation of Israel began it's downfall because they were discontent with what God had given them...yikes. I appreciate the warning, Stephanie! I don't want to follow Israel's path.
One more quote from the first lesson of Stephanie's new 6 week Bible study book, "When our path seems more appealing to us than God's, it is evident we don't really understand His love." I love that truth. I needed to be reminded of that today :)

Thanks Stephanie! Check out her book ~ Ecclesiastes: Understanding What Matters Most

3 comments:

  1. Thank you, my friend, for featuring my book on your blog! I love your heart for God, for your family and for ministry! And am thankful for your wisdom! Love ya girl! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca, there must be something in the water. I have been struggling lately too. This sounds like a great book. Thanks for sharing it with us. I 'll be praying for you this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you too Stephanie

    Thank you Amy! I will remember you too :)

    ReplyDelete