Sunday, April 24, 2011

Help! I"ve Fallen and I Can't Get Up!

Psalm 23

Howdy~
Remember that commercial! I guarantee you the group who came up with that little phrase had no idea that years later people would still be referring to it! For all you youngins out there – that commercial advertised a panic button for the elderly who lived alone. It was a low budget commercial of an elderly person sprawled on the floor with their walker tipped over and out of reach. But lucky for them they had the all-important panic device hanging around their neck. They would simply just speak into it the famous line, “Help, I’ve fallen and I can’t get up!” Assistance was on the way in a jiffy! Actually, I think it was a wonderful invention. I hope it’s still around when I’m elderly...
Ever wish you could have one of those now; maybe not for feeling physically helpless, but maybe emotionally or mentally or even spiritually? You know sometimes...a lot of times... we (I) feel cast down. The term “cast down” is used for sheep when they have fallen and somehow end up on their backs. Their stomachs become hard, their circulation is cut off and their windpipe closes up...and if no one comes – they die. They truly are helpless. BUT if they have a good shepherd, he will come and tenderly massage their legs and stomach till the sheep is able to be placed up right again.

Great news! We have a Good Shepherd who tenderly cares for you and me. I love Psalm 23. “The LORD is my Shepherd...he makes me...lie down in green pastures...restores my soul...leads me beside still water...leads me in paths of righteousness... Corrie Ten Boom said, “Never be afraid to trust a future you don’t know to a God you do know!” Well...I needed that today ~

Hope & Glory! to You ~ Love
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment