Monday, May 2, 2011

Fashion Week

Revelation 19:14

Hi Gang ~
This time of year is usually a fashion-stressful time for me. There are things I have to attend every year at this time and I never know what to wear! Anybody understand what I’m talking about?

This year is no exception. Sometimes I feel very unspiritual spending so much time and energy trying to figure out if I need something new or if I can revitalize an oldie but goodie. And sometimes I suppose it is unspiritual when it becomes out of balance. But yesterday as I was ironing Ronnie’s shirt, a thought hit me. Hey, God does care what we wear! He totally understands planning your wardrobe for a special event. He already has our outfits picked out for Heaven. The Bible says we will be clothed in fine linen, white and clean. (Rev 19:14) I LOVE THAT! He also reminded us not to worry what you will eat or what you WILL WEAR for the LORD knows you have need of these things. (Matt. 6:28-33) He is not telling us it’s not important. He understands we have to wear something and that we desire to represent Him well. He knows…He will supply.

I hope I’m not stretching this, but I think God does acknowledge there are times in life that need special outfits. We’ve already recognized God has already planned a beautiful new garment for us in Glory! And it may be time for you to have some new duds in the here and now. Just remember, you are the King’s daughter. He delights in your femininity and beauty! So honor Him and choose wisely.
Hope & Glory! to You ~ Love
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment