Thursday, May 7, 2015

An Unlikely Mother's Day Miracle


(Hey,aren't all miracles unlikely? Oh never mind the title and just read about the miracle - especially if you read Monday's post)

Hey Everyone ~
So normally I wouldn’t post twice in a week, but I felt impressed to add to Monday’s post.  I so appreciated your feedback. You encourage me and bring tears to my eyes.  You are eloquent and heartfelt in your words J  I thank you!

I used to think, “God, what a miracle it would be if You would let me have a baby!”  I totally believed He could.  If He could make a virgin and an old woman have a baby I knew, regardless of my situation, He could make me have one too.   But now I understand healing and miracles from a different perspective. 

Now I see that healing my soul and giving me pure joy in the life He has chosen for me is the real miracle. 

Never in a million years did I think I could actually be happy without my own children.  But thank God that’s not true!  I am blessed beyond my wildest imaginations.  I look forward to the bouquet of beautiful people I can celebrate on Mother’s Day. 

I am privileged to host my own wonderful Mother and Mother-in-Law.  I thank God for my family and all the amazing people God has added to my life.  He has graced me with many dear friends and neighbors and their children; who feel like family to us. 

To me Mother’s Day is about community and the vital role we all play in each other’s lives. 

Whether you have a traditional Mother’s Day or just use it as an excuse to augment the love you have for the people in your lives, may you all have a blessed Sunday!

That’s all I’ll say for now, but I do hope you’ll come back on Monday to read my thoughts on Childless Mothering.

It may apply to more of you than you think! Young, old, married, single, arms full of children or arms empty.  And you’ll never guess my role model!  Or maybe you can…?  J

Bless!
Rebecca 

No comments:

Post a Comment