Sunday, December 12, 2010

Oh..Job...Yippee & Goodie Gum Drops

Oh… Job…Yippee & Goodie Gum Drops.

Job 23:10

Hello Ladies ~ A Happy Day to You

I’ve been reading Job. I often cringe a little initially when my Bible reading leads me there. I don’t really like to read about suffering cuz…well, ya know…I don’t like it! But this time around I have a varied perspective on the book. I know we associate its main theme with suffering, but actually the bulk of the book is the dialogue between Job and his “friends” (of course with “friends” like Job’s ~ who needs enemies!) Have you ever read it?! You wouldn’t believe all the slams and comebacks they say to each other! It’s like a sitcom. TV has nothing over the Bible! Sprinkled in those dialogues are times when Job is pouring out his heart and his frustrations to God.

Today I read one of my favorite chapters – chapter 23 - “He knows the way that I take and when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold… He performs the thing that is appointed FOR me…” Notice it doesn’t say He performs the thing TO you. When you do something TO someone it is intended to harm or hurt. When you do something FOR someone it’s intended to do her well and to bless her.

You know what? That’s the truth. Do I understand or see how all the different things in life are FOR me. HA! No. And more than likely you don’t either. But does that mean it’s not true just because my simple mind doesn’t see it? No. Thank God His truth is not based on my understanding or accepting it! My friend, what a joy to know He doesn’t fall asleep on watch care over us and performs things FOR us, for our benefit. And in the end, we come forth as gold… who doesn’t want that ?!

Hope & Glory! to You ~ Love

Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment