Sunday, December 5, 2010

Verse...for life

Verse…For Life

John 1:12, Galatians 2:20, Psalm 46:10

Hello Everyone ~

So… when I was growing up in church we were encouraged to find a life verse. My first life verse was John 1:12 “But as many as received him to them gave he the power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name.” I have no recollection as to why I chose that verse! But I do remember saying it loudly and proudly; feeling my first sense of ownership and right to claim God’s word as my own.

Then in junior high my verse changed to Galatians 2:20 “I am crucified with Christ; nevertheless I live, yet not I but Christ liveth in me and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God who loved me and gave Himself for me.” I think I loved that verse because of how the words fell in it. I felt a kindred spirit to the confusing way it sounded – a lot like Jr. High!

When I was 14, I was diagnosed with diabetes. A disease I absolutely didn’t want. I begged God to tell me it wasn’t true and then I begged Him to take it away. Instead He gave me this – my new life verse “And He said unto me, ‘ My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.’ Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities that the power of Christ may rest upon me.” II Corinthians 12:9. This verse would be my new medicine for the ache in my soul.

Today, however, as precious as many verses are to me, the verse that best describes my heart as a child of God is Psalm 46:10 “Be still and know that I am God.” That would be the verse I would sign at the bottom of my name. Oh… I don’t know! I love Ps 91:1 too!! My husband Ronnie’s life verse is II Timothy 1:12 “…I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day”

So… do you have a life verse? What is it? Do those closest to you know what it is? If you don’t have one, I encourage you to find one. Then share it with someone!

Hope & Glory! to You ~ Love

Rebecca Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment