Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Just a flittering and a fluttering...

Rewind

Psalm 91:1

Hi Everyone ~

We all have days when we “feel” God’s presence. Sometimes it’s because we have seen Him do amazing things or maybe it’s just because we had a really good night’s sleep! But then there are some days…well…some days we don’t.

Today was one of those days for me. As I was praying about some specific things this morning I felt panicky and burdened - out of control and sort of orphaned from God. Then my mind did a rewind to one of the illustrations I read when studying God’s name; El Shaddai – God Almighty.

It was a story about a little fly thousands of feet above the earth inside a huge jetliner. There is no way that fly should even be able to exist that far away from earth. But because he is “in the jet” he was perfectly fine. In fact, he can fly across the ocean in record time and land on a totally different continent.

How silly would it be if that fly thought that he had to flap his wings the whole trip! First of all, everyone knows it wouldn’t make one ounce of difference. The fly would still get there whether he flaps or relaxes on the garbage lid; he’d just be worn out and exhausted. The only thing that fly has to do is get “in the jet”. The rest is taken care of. Often we act like that silly fly trying to flap our little wings to make it. When all we really need to do is rest in the Almighty…El Shaddai. He is quite capable of making the trip without our help!

I needed to remember that this morning. I was just a flapping my little wings trying to stay airborne. I caught myself (that’s an interesting form of words- caught myself?) fluttering. I acknowledged that regardless of how I feel, El Shaddai still exists with just as much power and goodness as He has on days I feel it! I can stop flitting around and rest in the Almighty. Psalm 91:1 Whew…what a load off!

I have an Enemy who desires to steal, rob and destroy. At this point, he can’t stop me from making the trip, but he can trick me into wearing myself out. Unless of course, I recognize his game plan! He has no permission over me. “Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world.” I John 4:4 What would we do without God?! Go crazy I guess

Hope & Glory! to You ~ Love Ya Bunches

Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment