Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I want to be one of those...

Howdy All ~

I've been dealing with a wart this week. Yuk. I know. Not the skin kind; the worry kind. I'm ashamed to admit that. You'd think after all I know about God and all I know about His word, I wouldn't get caught up in it anymore...but I did this week, even messing up my sleep. Generally all I have to do is get near my pillow and I'm out! But not this week. Why? I was trying to solve all my concerns by myself without factoring in my God who loves me and has sufficient grace to supply my need.

One of my issues has been the barrage of bad news about some dear people around me; people who know God but choosing to walk away ...breaks my heart. But even in the midst of disappointment, God will always have His remnant. Like a bright splash of color in a dull black & white picture, I heard the following true story recently.

An ice cream shop up North provided a great local hangout for kids wanting something fun to do without getting in trouble. The only problem was this shop, along with many other local businesses, took a huge economic hit with the financial down turn. The owner struggled as long as he could but finally announced he just couldn't make it anymore. He'd have to close up shop.

A local youth group heard about this man's dilemma and came up with a plan to help. They agreed to work for the man without pay to help ease his financial burden until he could get back on his feet. A local business man, Inspired by the young people's example and kindness, wanted to join in the blessing. He sent a check to pay for a month's rent. Together, this community pulled the shop through the lean months and the man managed to get his head above water and keep his business afloat! What a great story, eh?

I encourage you this week to remember even in the midst of a wacko world, God has His remnant of people who will still do right, who will still sacrifice their own comfort for the well being of another, who will still love the Lord with all their heart, all their soul and all their mind!

I want to be one of those, don't you? :)

Hope & Glory! To You ~ Love

Rebecca

PS ~ Love on someone today :) You never know what it may mean to them!

No comments:

Post a Comment