Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Lady Like & Delicate... of course


I Peter 5:7
Hi All ~ 
This may surprise you...although those of you who know me are numb to my crazy statements by now - it's just the norm for me I guess :)  Anyway...since we are just a small operation at work I'm responsible for just about everything (except cleaning the restrooms, which is nice - especially the men's side, if you know what I mean) Ok, this is the part that may surprise you.  One of my very favorite duties is taking out the garbage.  I'm not so keen on the collecting part.  There is usually left over lunches that stink to high heaven and it never fails something manages to leak all over the floor.  But once I've gotten it all securely in the big black bags, I love gathering it up and heading out the door to the dumpster.  For one thing it gets me out of the office and into the sunshine.  It also feels like a sense of accomplishment because it's a job I can see immediate results (not often the case in my list of duties).  But my favorite part happens a few feet away from the dumpster.  The receptacle is much taller than I am so I have to stand back, brace my self and fling the bag with gusto for it to clear the wall...all very lady like and delicate of course.
The other day I was trekking across the parking lot with a jam-packed bag.  I held it out away from my body so as to not let it touch my clothes. It felt like an especially tense week and I couldn't wait to have permission to throw something! I stood a little farther away than normal so I could really let loose with the bag.  I braced myself and pitched the bag with all my might. Oh, it felt so good!  
As the bag sailed through the air I longed for that bag to be filled with burdens weighing on my heart.  I longed to gather those up and give them a big fling! Oh, it would feel so good.  I thought of a verse I had learned as a little girl.  So simple and yet so powerful. "Casting all your cares on Him (this is the good part) for He careth for you."  I Peter 5:7. (Remember anytime you see "eth" at the end of the word it means continually, habitually...)  
Watching the bag sail from my hand, I knew I had more casting I could do.  I didn't need to walk around trying to carry all my burdens.  I had a mighty God in Heaven who wants me to cast my cares on Him...because He cares for me.  He continually cares for me whether I think I deserve it or not, whether I feel warm and fuzzy or crabby and irritated.  And He cares for you too. I needed to take this verse to heart.  I'm cared for and loved by an awesome God who actually asks me to cast all my care on him.   
Alrighty then... Here it comes! 

Hope & Glory! To You ~ Love
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment