Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Three Times' A Charm


Proverbs 16:9
 Good Day Everyone ~ 
PS... Is the font  too small ?  Let me know :) 
     Sometimes life is weird...at least it is for me anyway.  Sometimes, even though I think I know what God is telling me, I need extra encouragement or confirmation that He knows where I am; and He will handle everything exactly according to His plan if I will seek Him and get out of His way!  Recently during one of my journaling times, I mentioned to God, "Honestly Lord, I could really use some encouragement - from You.  Something to let me know that You see me and that I'm on the path you designated for me."  
     The next morning I had a few minutes so I plopped down on my green couch and literally flipped open my Bible hoping for some type of direction.  My eyes fell on a passage of scripture I hadn't read in a long time describing the Lord delivering me and His way being perfect...by my God I can leap over a wall etc...  My heart quickened. I sure hope He meant for me to read that, but I took it with a grain of salt.  How did I know God truly intended me to read these exact verses? I had just slung open the page. I'm old enough to know gaining doctrine and fact with that method can prove dangerous. Just ask my unmarried friend who found her life verse that way!  One day she flipped open her Bible and read "If any man come after me, let him!..."  She instantly declared that her life verse :)   What if I had flipped to Lamentations 3 where it says, "He has led me into darkness, but not into light. Surely He is against me..."?  Just because I like what the random passage said, didn't necessarily mean God sent that word to me for my particular circumstance.  But I did tell Him thank you and maybe He really did mean that for me.  I just wish I knew for sure.
     Later, before hitting the hay for the night, I grabbed my Bible to read my regular reading.  I figured since this morning proved to be a little willy-nilly in my scripture reading selection, I needed to follow my every day reading plan.  I pulled my crimson bookmarker across the page to open my Bible and gazed on the passage before me...my mouth dropped.  Get this: The exact same verses I had read from Psalms that morning appeared almost verbatim in the II Samuel passage I read that night!  "The Lord delivered me...by my God I leaped over a wall...As for God His way is perfect...He is a buckler to all those that trust in Him..."
     By this time my confidence level expanded into believing that God did indeed send these verses across my path, but still...the daunting issues and decisions before me sent the my uncertainty meter off the charts.  Right or wrong, I still hesitated in embracing these promises for this specific situation in my life.  I remember that many things happen in threes.  Jesus asked for His cup to be removed three times.  Paul asked three times for the thorn to be removed.  Jesus asked Peter three times if he loved him... If I just had one more confirmation, I could put all doubt to rest.
     A day or so later I received a text from a friend...would you like to take a guess at what it said?!  YEP!  'As for God, His way is perfect...He is a buckler to all who trust in Him..." May I add, I had told no one about this...not Ronnie, not my friends, no one.   
     God blew me away by His attentiveness to my little world and my silly questions.  He didn't have to do that.  Quite frankly, many times I’ve felt like the cut and dry answers have evaded me like the plague.  But for whatever reason, He knew I needed to be certain He purposed these verses for me that day.  
     This experience reminded me of how personal and tender; intimate and caring God is towards us.  Do you need Him to reveal Himself to you?  My friend Stephanie encouraged me when she reminded me the other day that God does not desire us to wandering around on this huge globe not knowing His plan for us.  He does want us to know! So we must ask and trust that He will lead us as He promised.  
      Are you wondering what in the world you’re supposed to be doing?  Then ask Him.  Then listen. Then ask Him to confirm it to you through His word and open doors.  “A man’s heart deviseth his way; but the LORD directeth His steps.”  Proverbs 16:9  
Hope & Glory! to You ~ Love
Rebecca

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Rebecca! Reading this has made me realize and remember how much I use to love sitting in our Cheer circle listening to the devotion the Lord laid on your heart for us each day. I think about you and your mom often... more than you'll ever know! You two were more than just cheerleading coaches to me, you guys were a huge part of who I am and the things I do today! The Lord totally used you while teaching me and I appreciate it! Just wanted you to know! :}
    I am so glad I've finally stumpled upon your blog! I'll be looking forward to your next post.
    Keep On Keeping On! Love you!
    ~ Kim Eason

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim! Wow... so good to hear from you :) Thank you for taking time to post. I so appreciate your words of encouragement. I needed to hear them today. I think of you often too! I see you once in a while on fb :) I would love to catch up someday...maybe lunch or breakfast? Let me know
    Love you
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete