Monday, September 19, 2011

Courage

Song of Solomon 7:10

Hello Everyone ~

Several weeks ago a special speaker challenged a group of women with a statement I haven’t been able to forget. He said, “I pray God will grant you the courage to believe every single thing God says about you...(My heart cringed a little because I knew I needed the guts to take a good hard look at my heart and remove or add whatever didn’t match His words) - but then he continued, “…no matter how good it is”. What? Believe every single thing God says about me, no matter how good it is? Wow, I hadn’t thought of that before. I suppose believing the good things merits equal importance to believing the corrective words, right? So what exactly does God say about you & me? Here are just a few:

Zephaniah 3:17~ “The LORD thy God in the midst of thee [is] mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.” Ever sang over someone or to someone? Can you just picture God singing over you? Wonder what it sounds like!

Jeremiah 31:3 ~ “The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, [saying], Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with loving-kindness have I drawn thee.” Wish you felt worthy to be PURSED by someone important? The God of the universe loves you and wants you...that’s why He Draws you...don’t resist Him!

Isaiah 54:17 ~ “No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue [that] shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This [is] the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness [is] of me, saith the LORD.” Vulnerable & Alone? No! Your heritage, as a servant of God, is not destruction...no matter how it may look

Isaiah 49:15 &16 ~ “Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? Yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee. Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of [my] hands; thy walls [are] continually before me.” If you have no paper (or I-phone!) where you do write down something important? On the palm of your hand! You are engraved on God’s!
Your family may forget you, but God will NOT!

Psalm 138:8 ~ “The LORD will perfect [that which] concerneth me: thy mercy, O LORD, [endureth] forever: forsake not the works of thine own hands.” Perfection takes time and commitment. God will not leave you 1/2 done or unfinished! He is committed to you till the end.

Romans 8:26 ~ “Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.” When was the last time someone groaned out intercession on your behalf? Did you realize the Spirit does this for you?

Song of Solomon 7:10 ~ “I am beloved’s and his desire is toward me.” ‘ nough said!

May God give us the courage to believe every single thing He says about us...no matter how good it is.

Hope & Glory! to You ~ Love Rebecca

4 comments:

  1. I needed this right now.
    Thanks, Rebecca!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post. We do need to believe the good things God says about us. I never thought about that before either. What an encouragement this is to latch on to. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God Bless ( sorry I know that sounds so churchy, but I really mean it :) you Anonymous

    ReplyDelete