Monday, November 22, 2010

An Experiment For You

An Experiment For You

Psalm 12:4

Hi Everybody ~

I have an experiment for you to try. O.K. Here it goes… Open your mouth. Let your jaw fall down separating your lips so that they aren’t touching. Now without moving your lips...say something, like banana. Sounds pretty silly huh? Did you ever realize how important your lips are! There is so much you can do with them!

Imagine holding up a cuddly baby and not being able to kiss its chubby little cheeks, or form the correct sounds so you can communicate to others. Have you ever tried to take a bite of decadent chocolate truffle ice cream without using your lips to swoop in that last bit of chocolate from the spoon?

Honestly this week was the first time I ever told God thank you for my lips. You’ll have to read Psalm 12 to understand. I have read this Psalm many times before and I won’t go into all of it (aren’t you glad!) but verse 4 penetrated my heart when I read, “…our lips are our own, who is lord over us?” The people speaking in verses 4 are bold… and dead wrong.

Frankly I never thought of this before but reading these words it dawned on me… My lips are not my own! I’m simply a steward of these lips on my face. This verse is describing cocky people who have no desire to submit or love God. In fact they have no regard for Him.

I don’t want to be in that group. I’m sorry to say; many times I have used my lips as if they were my own. I don’t want to live like that. It struck me hard this week that I want to live remembering my lips are on loan to me from God and that the LORD is lord over me, in both what I say and - especially during the holiday season - what I eat…I think!

Hope & Glory! to You ~ Love

Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment