Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Puppy Love

Puppy Love

Zephaniah 3:17

I actually wrote this a while back, but I needed the reminder...thought maybe you could use one too!

Good Morning All ~

We got a new puppy last week. You know – a new one as opposed to an old one. It’s been almost a year since we lost Buddy the Wonder Dog, our crazy fun-loving black lab. So it was time, we thought. Our new pup is a chocolate lab named Herschel Walker – (If you understand Georgia football you’ll understand the name) Since I’m home the most; I take care of him the most. I’ve had to get up with him all hours of the night, play with him, and clean up his messes – gross! That first week I was ready to sell him for free! He was all consuming. I was wasting my valuable time on this pooch. Ronnie tried to appease me and compare it to him taking care of his son, Chandler. I stopped him right there. I said, “Uh… no. A child has eternal value, but a dog?” That was not the way to make me feel better.

As aggravated as I’ve been with the pup, I can’t help but be a little attached to him. He thinks I’m amazing. Every time he sees me he wags his tail and his whole body wiggles. He’s convinced my whole purpose in life is to take care of him. Right now I’m beginning to wonder if he’s right…not exactly what I thought I’d be when I grew up. But when I walk by his kennel, I catch myself stopping to watch him as he sleeps. As much as I hate to admit it, he is a darling little thing.

The other day he was outside and he thought he was alone. He was whimpering that - I can’t believe you left me- whimper. He had no idea I was watching him to make sure he was o.k. I saw everything he did. My heart wanted to go out and comfort him, but wisdom said I needed to finish what I was doing first. My strong sense to protect and comfort him took me by surprise. Bottom line - I love the little chocolate thing. I keep telling myself, but he’s just A DOG!!!

If I love Herschel this much, I couldn’t help but wonder how much more our Father in Heaven loves us. He knows our every move. He understands our every whimper. He cares for us in ways we’ll never even comprehend. Even now, He’s looking down on you with tenderness and delight. He is El Roi – the God who sees. If He cares for the sparrows, how much more He cares for you! Read Matthew 6 and Zephaniah 3:17 and believe it!

Hope & Glory! to You ~ Love

Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment