Tuesday, November 2, 2010

It's A Matter of Perspective


Hebrews 11:6 & Romans 8:28

Hi Everyone!

Try this sometime… Next time you’re outside at night, look up at the moon. Close one eye and hold your thumb up in front of the moon. Do you know what will happen? The moon will seem to disappear. Your little tiny thumb will totally cover the hugantious (I guess that’s not really a word – but I couldn’t think of a word that adequately describes super huge) moon. But we all know there is no way the thumb is bigger than the moon, right? So what happened? It’s all a matter of perspective.

Many times the same thing happens with God. I know that God is big; no…He’s hugantious times a trillion! I know He is El Shaddai, God Almighty. But I have a tendency to let my “thumbs” get in the way. I forget the greatness and the sovereignty of my God; the One who loves me unconditionally. My perception is skewed. All I see is my point of view and El Shaddai seems to disappear.

I guess that’s where faith comes in. Not a blind faith, but a faith based on what we know to be true of God. “Without faith it’s impossible to please Him. For he that cometh to God must believe that He is and that He is the rewarder of them that diligently seek Him.” Hebrews 11:6 He also said that “… we KNOW that all things work together for the good to them that love God to them who are the called according to His purpose.” Romans 8:28

What’s the “thumb” in your life that is blocking out His truth from your viewpoint? We can stay focused on our “thumb” because that is what we see or we can focus on that fact that God is smarter and bigger than us….hugantious in fact! It’s really just a matter of perspective…silly me!

Hope & Glory! to You ~ Love

Rebecca

2 comments:

  1. I just loved how you put that! What an awesome example!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joy~ Thank you so much for commenting and following :) I read your little bio. I pray for God to show Himself strong to you today! Glad to have you along ;)

    ReplyDelete