Sunday, February 27, 2011

One Half!

½

Psalm 138:8

Hi Everyone ~

Ok – I’m about to put into print, proof of what others may have been thinking…I’m a goof ball. When I was a little girl I hated to throw things away because – ok here comes the goof ball part – I didn’t want it (whatever was being thrown away) to feel bad. Yah, you read it right. I felt bad for wrappers and extra plastic in the toys because I didn’t want them to think they weren’t important now that their job was done. So I would agonize over trying to think of ways to play with the straggly pieces of plastic wasting precious childhood playtime! Now that you know that lovely bit of trivia about me, you may understand my fascination with what I’m about to tell you. I just learned this recently. I have not been able to stop thinking about it.

Did you know that after a diamond is mined, half of it is lost in the cutting process? Half of it – that’s a lot! So many times we (I) think of loss as such a devastating thing…but is it? Yes, actually at the time…yes it is – or at least it feels like it. I’ve got to quit answering my own questions… anyway…Half of the diamond is lost to bring it to its most valuable state. So the next question: What is being cut from my life (or yours) that feels so hard to release?

May you be encouraged today that God sees the big picture. He has a vision for your life and He’s busy removing all the things that hide your ability to truly shine and be at your most valuable state.

So go with His plan. Don’t be afraid – “The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me; they mercy, O LORD, endureth forever: forsake not the works of your own hands.” Ps 138:8

Hope & Glory! to You ~ Love

Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment