Sunday, May 29, 2011

Finish The Drill

John 17:4; Philippians 4:13

Hi All ~

I’m definitely in mid-life. I don’t really feel like it, but after 40 years old, I think that qualifies. For you younger chicks, it’s hard to explain, but it does take you back a little…especially if you’re the dreamer type like me. I love to dream about “what I’ll be someday”. It’s hard to believe half of my life is basically done. So …maybe I’ve already been “it”… maybe my best opportunities are in the past…hmmm.

The other day I was reading my Bible. It was one of those days that even though I know God’s word can speak, I didn’t think anything I read would minister to me at that moment. The passage was very familiar, read it scores of times. It was John 17 – Jesus is in the garden praying to the Father right before He is to be crucified. And He said, “I have finished the work You gave me to do…be glorified in me…

Suddenly it seemed like the rest of the words on the page disappeared and that verse was all I could see. Jesus finished the drill. He completed the task. I thought, "Maybe my best days are behind me and maybe they are still ahead of me." I don’t know. But this I do know; I’m still here because my work in not yet finished. It doesn’t matter how old or young I am. It doesn’t matter how weak or strong, happy or sad, confused or focused I am. There is a work that only I can do. The same is true for you! I told God, “I want to finish the work You gave me to do. I DO want you to be glorified in me.”

I don’t know what you’re facing today…but you have a work. It may appear silly or insignificant. It may feel way out of your league…but it’s yours. And if He gave it to you, then you can do it! This verse is used so much it’s kind of lost it’s umph in our lives, but it’s true whether we accept it or not. “I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.” Phil 4:13

Will you commit with me today to “finish the drill”? It will be worth it when we, like Jesus, are able to say…”God, I finished the work You gave me!”

Hope & Glory! to You ~ Love

Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment