Monday, May 9, 2011

Whoa Momma!

Psalm 57:1 & 2

Hello All ~

I wasn’t bothering anyone. In fact I was in fixed oblivion trucking through the neighborhood on my walk. Just me...not even Herschel... As I walked toward a house across from the pond, I noticed this cute little family of geese; a momma, a papa and a baby just roaming through my neighbor’s yard. Again - fixed oblivion...just thought the little baby goose was cute...I wasn’t even up to the house yet and that momma goose caught my eye. She stretched her neck out and pointed her beak right at me. Then she started hissing at me like a water hose with a leak. I threw up my hands like I was in a stick up and said, “Whoa momma, I ain’t gonna get your baby. Back off sugar!” Just in case she didn’t understand me, I swung way around to the other side of the street so she’d know I meant what I said. (cuz, you know, actions speak louder than words…especially to a goose)
Well, all ended fine. I wasn’t viciously attacked- thank the Lord – can’t you just picture that - but I did think of a cool truth. That mother was just a goose; not a human being with a soul and a conscious and the ability to speak. But I can pretty much assure you if I had tried to get her little one, she wouldn’t have gone done without a fight. Now that silly baby goose never missed a beat. It kept on scurrying the grass for goodies, but the momma...ever watchful, ever protecting.

Do you think for one second that goose is more astute of its offspring than God is of you? You may be as unaware as that little goose, but I guarantee you, God’s hovering eye has never left you for a second. He’s lovingly watching all that is happening to you. He has warded off way more than we’ll ever know. Yes, we all have things in our life we feel like God must not have been watching. I don’t understand those either – but His ways are higher than ours. He provides a shelter for us under His wings until our calamities are overpast – Ps 57:1 & 2. I am so grateful to be His...wouldn’t want to live a day – no, not even a second- without Him!
Hope & Glory! to You ~ Love
Rebecca

2 comments:

  1. This is so true! As an after thought though - I was nine months pregnant with KK and tried to help a wounded goose at work. I walked up to him and he lashed out and started chasing me through the parking lot. Me (holding my big belly) ran screaming across the parking lot. Several lessons were learned that day: 1. laugh at yourself when everyone else is laughing at you.
    2. Realize that they are laughing at you and not with you because of your previous actions and attitudes.
    3. The Lord is watching these lessons unfold and they are needed lessons!
    4. People often lash out when they are wounded too, even though you may be trying to help them. Keep trying to help though.. I ended up getting that goose to beaks unlimited so he could survive..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing Cracker Quilts. I especially like your 4th point! I admire you for not giving up in helping the goose :) I need to remember not to give up on a few people... Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete